Monday, May 16, 2005

Extra: TRINIDAD RETIRES!

Trinidad Brags

The brave Felix Trinidad retires … but blamed his dad.

Upon their arrival this Sunday in San Juan, Puerto Rico, "Papa" Trinidad made the announcement that he is retiring from working in boxing. Which was followed by Felix “Tito” Trinidad making his announcement, if his dad isn’t going to work his corner, he will retire too. What a cowardly thing! Talk tough, then run away from the sport and blame dad.

After the Wright fight, Trinidad said he had no plans to retire. Foolish me … I took him at his word. I thought perhaps he really did want to back up all that tough talk and fight … but I was duped. And here I was thinking about the fighters Felix Trinidad could still face.

If Felix Trinidad couldn’t beat a light-punching 154 pounder like “Winky” Wright, how could he step down in weight and convincingly avoid a rematch with de la Hoya?

Nope, Felix Trinidad is still running.

--The Mighty Moe

No comments: